1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [Opinion] A VitaTV worth it just for the PD-F series?

Discussion in 'General' started by OkizakiTheOtaku, Jan 7, 2015.

1. OkizakiTheOtaku

OkizakiTheOtaku Double Platinum Diva

From research I've done, I've found that the Japanese copies of the Vita Project Diva (of which I own both f and F2) games work on the VitaTV. So, in you guys' opinion, would it be worth it to get a VitaTV just so I can enjoy my favorite idol on my big TV?
    [To clarify, I have the physical PD-f and the J-PSN PD-F2nd, so yeah, I'd need to buy a memory card for the VitaTV]

Backstory:
    I bought my PS Vita (first gen.) literally just for PD-F2, dropping ~$300 on the console, memory card, and game. I've gotten literally hundreds of hours out of it, and I have never ever had a thought of regret for spending my saved up money for it. I don't have a PS3, and then if I got one, I'd have to re-buy the games. I figure if I can get a PS VitaTV, I'd be able to use my already purchased games, with only an about $100 money drop.

So? Opinions? Should I drop the cash for the VitaTV? Or should I use my money elsewhere?

2. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's all depending on your comfort.

Remember that any games with camera uses and full front and rear touchscreen uses won't ever work on the PSVita TV. Project DIVA f can only be played with the PS4 controller coz there is no option to switch Scratch star controls while F 2nd has.

Before you think this through, search for the list of games that will work on the PSVita TV, if you want more games.

Also remember that the PSVita TV is the one that is region-locked. (Not sure about the Western version)

3. OkizakiTheOtaku

OkizakiTheOtaku Double Platinum Diva

Huh. Are you sure? I thought that after update 3.10 it became fully region unlocked. Either way, it doesn't matter. My only Vita games are NTSC-J and J-PSN so...if I got the Japanese one (the VitaTV) I'd be set.

But, does anyone know how it actually looks blown up that far? Like, if you're taking something from a Vita and make it 27" or bigger...how does it look? Pixels? Or does it compensate?
    Yeah. I've looked through that. I really only play PD-F on my Vita anyway. So...as long as those work.

So, now that you've told me I'd need a Dualshock4 for f1...that's another ~$50 for a controller. Which is a bummer.
    Now, if I'm reading your reply right, you can use F2 with the Dualshock3, right?

4. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

i did the same
    i bought vita just for f lol

i don't think it's worth the money getting the tv..
    i'd rather get a ps3 instead

5. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    It's a bigger investment, but the PS3 versions are imo a better choice. They have stuff the Vita versions don't (and vice versa) as well as much prettier graphics.

6. ShinUkyo

ShinUkyo 魔法のユダヤ人

The PS3 versions will look and run better on a TV than playing the Vita ports on Vita-TV will. Plus with the PS3 ports you have the choice of using the Hori mini/arcade controllers, and those make the game so much more intuitive to play. Also you should be able to port your save file over from your Vita version to your PS3 ones anyway (assuming all are JP versions.)

7. stratoside

i don't know if you are still wondering but apparently only JP version of f works for vita TV, not the NA

edit, nvm you already knew that

8. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    I can confirm that the PS TV is region free. We bought one when I got my PS4 for christmas for just 40€ (~48$). (It's so cheap here because it sold badly compared to the PSVita which still is at 199€ (~208$))
    F2nd is working fine and X too. Haven't tried f yet, because I didn't feel like playing it but with a PS4 controller it should work.
    Be aware that there's NO CONTROLLER included if you buy the PS TV (at least here in Europe). So if you have to choose what kind of controller you use, take the PS4 one. Even though the buttons have different names on the PS4 controller. (Options (PS4) = Start (TV); Share (PS4) = Select (TV))

9. stratoside

#9 stratoside, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    i play Project diva, 2nd, Extend, F, F2nd and X on my vita tv
    imo it's worth it (now)

10. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Also worth for other games like the Neptunia series or other games by Atlus, NISA, IF, etc.

11. stratoside

make sure you play dualshock 3 with vita tv with the usb cable attached

using DS4 gives you random delays regardless if you use cable or not

12. Shadow-san

Shadow-san Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Keep in mind the Wester version of Project Diva f don't work natively on Vita Tv/PSTV
    Japanese version works after update the game

Also Western version and Japanese version of F2nd work fine