1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Highscore Table?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by Koushiro3, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Koushiro3

Koushiro3 Advanced Player

Federal Employee
    Are there plans for having a highscore table on the forums? I know there's online ranking when you play the game that you can see, but I think it would still be nice to have highscore tables for Future Tone/Colorful Tone on here too :)

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    A highscore board for FT here would be a lot of work to do. Not only to make a list of about 220 songs, the other problem are "bulk submissions", means if someone keeps their highscore pictures on hold and decides to submit them all at once, maybe the same songs for other difficulties too, then.... well.... let's say it takes some time to add 20+ scores at once to the list.. x_X;
    But we're thinking about a possible workaround. Maybe we could add a feature that you can submit your scores directly to the highscore board and we (admins & mods) just have to approve them. Need to check if that's possible somehow...

3. Koushiro3

Koushiro3 Advanced Player

Federal Employee
    Yeah, I can see how it would take a very long time to put it all together. If there is a way for us to submit scores manually, that would be great. Hope to see this feature added in the future! :)

4. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    We might change the forum software in near future. Can't say anything specific yet since we still consider several possible ways to improve the forum but maybe we can do some kind of feature then.

5. Lunapaw

Lunapaw Guilty as charged

Kind of sucks highscores only for hard and extreme/extra in Future Tone

6. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Honestly, I think that's way too much work and putting scores manually by each person may confuse people for e.g. typos.

There must be something, that mods for e.g. approves the just added score before it can be added in the score list, which means, work work work.

Just post own highscores you are proud of because it was hard for you and you want to share it with other people, otherwise, refer the ingame online ranking

7. donosean

donosean Platinum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That'd definitely be a nice solution to the problem but I think it'd be tricky to put in place. I'm not 100% certain but as far as I know the entire backend for the old highscore tables was coded manually by one of the admins here -- it'd all depend on how feasible it would be for them to create it.
    (Or of course it'd be nice if such an addon for XenForo already existed.)

8. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    Like donosean said, the highscore boards were manually coded by Suyo. For now the highscore boards aren't available at all right now since we moved to the new forum software but they'll be back soon. It's on our ToDo-List. After the other highscore boards are back, we'll take a look if a FT board will make sense and how to implement it.

9. Lifeinsteps

Lifeinsteps Big Debut

Hey, I'm a software developer by trade (Well, I have a degree, anyway, job incoming); I'd love to help you guys come up with solutions and implement new stuff for the scoreboard, like a pet project. If there's any way I could help, or if you'd just like to get to know me in case I can be of help, let me know! I love Project Diva and even though I'm not very active on these forums (time!), I'd love to see them thrive and get more and more popular, and the games too.

I figure you can probably see my contact information but don't use my email (it's an old one I don't check much), PM me, or use my Skype, "Lifeinsteps2264", or ask for my Discord. Anything to help!