1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

As everyone had said, alternating between your left and right hands when pressing notes (aka dual-wielding) will help a lot in Extreme and higher difficulty HARD songs. Dual Wielding not only helps you deal with fast notes, but it also conserves your stamina. Negaposi Hard is a good song to practice that for starters.

In another note, if you're planning on configuring your shoulder buttons, decide now which style you would want to take. Do you want to be a:
    1. High-scorer
    - Map each individual note into your trigger, set ▢ and △ into either left trigger while 〇 and ✖ into the right.
    - Or setup Quad combo into the left and right trigger. Watch hiso's video about how to exploit the quad hold. The other 2 triggers are free to be configured.
    - The above 2 lines were set up like that to get as many hold score as possible.

2. Perfecter or for just casual play (you just want to perfect songs as much as possible and do not care about scores)
    - Map △▢✖ into the left trigger, and ▢✖〇 to the right. These two triples appear commonly in most songs.
    - The rest of the trigger you're free to setup. I recommend setting them up where you push them together for a quad, like ▢△ into the left and 〇✖ into the right (or △✖ and ▢〇, etc).
    - I feel mapping slide notes into the trigger a waste, because you can easily hit it with the analog stick. It's much better to have the trigger set up as a note combination.

3. Freestyle
    - Set up your controls like this:
    [​IMG]
    3rd one is the best.
    It's good to decide now and stick to the control setup of your choice because it's hard to change into something else once you're used to the controls you have.
    I tried learning the quad exploit but I've been used to the shoulder notes already that I find I do better with using the trigger for individual notes.

2. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

first thank you guys for the advice :)
    youre definetely right with the practice part, i know i have to spend lots of hours in the practice mode ^^
    its just that im playing the game since release but i´m feeling like i havent made any progress (not much at least).

i´ve been playing project diva f and f2nd for 4 months before and i thought i´m an above average player (i could clear all of the hard songs on perfect and some on extreme but not all of them). but now i´m feeling like i cant do nothing in that game ~.~

my goal for future tone was to clear all songs with perfect score on any difficulty but oh god...this is impossible xD

what exactly do you guys mean by dual wielding? is it like the f/f2nd games where you had to press circle and the left button on the left side on the controller on extreme difficulty in the fast parts?
    cause i tried that on future tone and all of the notes were worse.
    and i put the hold notes now on the lr buttons so the hold notes are a lot better for me to do ^^

3. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Well, as I said, I have played F and F2nd a LOT, and I perfected all but 10 Songs on Extreme in both pretty much, and I still can't even clear all 8 star songs in FT. Let alone 9s or 10s. Future Tone is just way harder than any other Project Diva game ever.

And, what do you mean "all notes were worse"? Dual wielding works the same in FT as it did in F and F 2nd.

4. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

well, i´m glad i´m not the only one having such trouble clearing the extreme songs ^^

i meant when i hit the notes the counted as "worse". i thought my timing was right so i thought dualwielding would not work on future tone.
    but i tried again yesterday and it worked ^^ of course i was completely off timing on my first try and didn´t notice.

now i´m gonna play in practice mode like crazy (probably until next year) :D

thanks again for your help, that really helped me out :)

5. donosean

donosean Platinum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Can safely say I pretty much went out and got a PS4 just for this game and damn is it different. It took me most of the week just to play each song once so the amount of content is pretty overwhelming.

It definitely tops the charts as the hardest console release so far. This might be the first time I won't be able to perfect every chart o.O
    Keep an eye out for 'ucamulbus_slayer' in the rankings, I'll be trying to hit the high spots whenever I've got the time. Good luck to everyone else who'll be competing for rankings!

6. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Yay to Hold notes.
    [​IMG]
    So, max holds or it causes CHEAP rankings :P

7. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

In Hold We Trust!

8. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

Just need to ask. Is Terekakushi Shishunki in Future Tone? I remember seeing a comparsion video showing the PV for both MIrai and Arcade Future Tone, yet I haven't seen any Extreme Perfect videos for that song. Makes me think it got removed (in the same way like how Kagemine Hachi Hachi Flower Fight and those other arcade songs were removed) but not 100% sure.

9. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

yes, the song is playable in future tone (i think it's included in the colorful tone package).
    you can choose if len or kaito should sing it.

10. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

As Kari already said, it is in the game.
    [​IMG]
    That Kaito x Len illustration is so awesome. (but I haven't played the song yet) And please don't comment on my horrible denparadigm EX score. >_<
    I will try to upload a video of it and see what will happen.
    Maybe copyright issues. Youtube blocks/removes some of the videos like Popipo, Intense Finger of Hatsune Spamiku, etc so that might be the reason why there is not much video gameplay about it.
    Although sometimes you would get lucky if youtube didn't detect the copyrighted content in your video.

11. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

I see. Good to know it's in the game. Been wanting to see how the Extreme chart for it looks, but without any Extreme Perfect videos to watch I'll have no choice but to wait till I get the game myself.

Also, having a song blocked on Youtube won't affect it being in the game should it get localised for an English release? Or is it only the licensing that determines if a song is put in or not?

12. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

Here's a video by EZtwoON, one of the best PDA players. The video might be blocked in the US or other countries, but if that's the case, you can find a video converter online, plug the link, and download the video.

It probably won't affect the availability of the song when localized seeing Intense Voice is in the localized Version of PDF2. It only depends if they can license the song or not.

13. ValentineMeikin

ValentineMeikin Big Debut

The only thing that will be affected on localization is whether or not they translate the lyrics into English.
    Kagero Daze remained untranslated due to very gruesome lyrics, for example.

The licensing for Future Tone will be long and potentially expensive.

14. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Kagerou days was untranslated because of copyright issues with Jin not because of lyrical content as there are other songs with arguably questionable lyrics as well (Yubikiri, Envycatwalk, Canterella) which were translated and Holy Lance Explosion boy(an explicit song) will be translated in the upcoming localization of X.

15. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

In today's 1.02 patch, various songs that had volume and timing issues in F have been fixed.
    These are the songs that have the timings and/or volume updated. Previously there were some songs that are too loud such as SFM and Summer Idol.
    Weekender Girl
    ODDS&ENDS
    Sadistic.Music∞Factory
    Summer Idol
    Stay with me
    NegaPosi Continues
    Black Rock Shooter
    FREELY TOMORROW
    Yume no Tsudzuki
    WORLD’S END UMBRELLA

16. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Tell Your World did not come with a volume fix? Lame ;P

17. YukitoIchijo

YukitoIchijo Big Debut

Worlds end umbrella. First time i did it only 63% on hard mode. did it again got perfect with 103% ;P

18. StrawberryTofu

StrawberryTofu May destroy a nearby planet or 2 but such is life

I make beautiful men perform cute dances for me
    That's a relief. I was kind of worried my experience might be ruined when I get the Future Sound pack. I'm kind of glad I don't have the pack yet honestly so I didn't have the experience the update-less songs!

One update I kind of hope for is to modify songs that force you to use modules of the same character, but since it's not really a bug and intended I have my doubts.

19. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

You mean VOiCE and the like? I highly think it was intended though.

Now if only they would make an update to the Vita version of f, the songs there are mistimed just like FT and they have so much dust on them that Oosouji might not even wipe them away.

Back to FT, next I would REALLY like them to release fixes for Miku Miku Bacteria and Magical Sound Shower note charts. Those are way too insane, they should stay true to their BPMs.

20. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

Aren't those the charts on Arcade? If they are, they aren't going to change them. Miku Miku Bacteria has always been a pain in the ass, so I doubt that the note chart was unintentional. It was like that in 2nd, and it was just as bad back then.