1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

So, I'm just curious if anyone thought this too, but does anyone else think that the 9.5 stared songs are all over the place difficulty wise? I found some of them fairly easy (Envy Catwalk and Senbonzakura -F Edition-, for example) compared to some other ones that completely kicked my ass (like Blackjack).

2. Chibiki

Chibiki Welcome to DIVA!

Overall, I think the difficulty ratings could be edited a bit. Blackjack is definitely one of those songs that deserves a higher rating because of how fast it is.

also i just beat Senbonzakura Extreme after literally 20 failed attempts in a row, but i was on protection mode and now i have to clear it again with protection mode off in order for my score to be added to the song list omfg no. it deserves its 9.5 rating ^^;

3. chiso

chiso Intermediate Player

I heard rumors that dlcs are coming this week. But let's wait it up and hope ;)

4. YukitoIchijo

YukitoIchijo Big Debut

The Arcade has 2 new songs now some of my fav from Mirai :D.. I really dont know if future tone ps4 will get them though

5. Karto

Karto Big Debut

graphics student
    Home Page:
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/karto/portfolio
    I'm loving Future Tone as a whole but I do admit I've got some thoughts on some small parts, which while not really that important would be nice to see
    1. Ability to swap Neru, Haku, Meiko Sekine & Teto outfits with select other Vocaloids (ie allowing you to put Neru's head on any of Miku's outfits for example)
    2. Putting the openings to all the other games in the movie list (I just want to watch them in HD lol)
    3. Adding the F2nd versions of older PVs (maybe have the original be locked to easy, F2nd ver to Normal & Hard/Extreme gets to choose)
    4. A "Song by Game" list option (Diva 1, Diva F, Mirai 1, Arcade, etc)
    5. Every song has every difficulty. I just don't see the logic splitting all the songs up as they have, as you're almost guaranteed to miss a few songs if you don't feel confident enough for the harder difficulties or simply don't have the time anymore and just want a relaxing time in a good game
    6. Swapping the module image on the song selection with a 3D one of your selection, just so if you can remember what head & body combo's you've done
    7. Removing the module image from songs which don't even show the character models (I'm just confused why they let you customise the modules when you won't see them)
    8. Ability to keep certain sound effects on. Unlike the F games it seems you can only either have all the sound effects on or off. I wanted to just turn the regular ones off while keeping the slide ones on, FT doesn't let you so I've turned them all off.

6. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

I managed to do my first recording of me playing the game :D

I really hope that they will fix the issue about the music being disabled when you record e.e

7. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

I agree with all of these :)

8. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student

1. As great as those would be, it all comes down to limitations. Neru, Sakine, and Teto could work for Miku but Haku certainly wouldn't. Aesthetically, a lot of combinations would not look right due to character height, breast size, skin tone, and overall look. I mentioned a bit ago that I think Teto would be the perfect candidate for swapping with Miku because ever since the PSP games, their model bases have been pretty identical. (Reminds me of the olden days when custom DLC was fun)

Those hopefully will come in due time.

It's a decent idea but then there would either be a lot of repeats in the already long list. Or you'd look in a section, wonder where the song is, and realize it's in another section because a lot of songs are in multiple games.

This would be nice. They could do the body of the module as the main image, then maybe a smaller circle of the module head to the top right (or left) of the preview image.

This annoys me too. Especially since I'm pretty new to a lot of the arcade songs. I'll listen to the preview, take time to pick out a good costume combination, then it's like, "Oh, it was a waste of time..."

9. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

Finally I managed to get my first perfect. This score should be rank 2 on the online high score board now, but no matter what I do it won't upload >.<

[​IMG]

Which song did you guys get your highest percentage on?

10. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

It's slow mine took a day to upload once then once it's instant

11. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

I am curious if you guys are using the triggers for combinations.... i am playing with arcade style controller but at nights i play with dualshock 4 and some holds i cant do in a dualshock 4.... how do you guys do it? the question also aplies to holding and mashing buttons while holding... im really curious about this

12. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

I use the shoulder buttons to map individual notes. It is pretty good during holds + spam. However, it's very terrible during multi-note spam.
    You can experience this pros and cons by playing Ievan Polkka Extreme. I can hold all the 3 notes and spam the last one with ease but the last part breaks my perfect because of the multi-note chains.

The other setup is mapping combinations to your triggers. This lets you deal with those multi-note chain/spam, but I imagine hold is going to be a pain to maintain and it limits your ability to spam notes while holding.
    There is no ideal setup for every situation in the DS4 it seems.

13. tsumiki01124

I map 4 single buttons into L1L2R1R2 and use them to hold notes. This way makes spamming buttons while holding is possible.

Okay I'll wait then :<.

14. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
  15. Nastix24

Nastix24 Welcome to DIVA!

Digital artist
    Hello mates! (^^)/~<3 So I've been reading your forum since the moment that I've heard about Future Tone.
    I'm a big fan of rhythm games, they are like total meditation and anti stress for me :D
    And I played in all Project Diva PSP games. Recently I wanted to buy Project Diva X, when I saw Future Tone trailer and was completely amazed - 200 songs, what?! haha
    Now I really want to buy Future Tone, but I never bought anything in japanese ps store, though I have japanese account. (My main account is Russian if that's important)
    So, mates, can you kindly give me some advices?
    ● Where do I buy yens for japanese ps store? I consider nor my visa card nor PayPal will not work? And I suppouse i can buy only round number of yens, like 5000, 10 000? Can I buy like 5000+3000, right? So not so much yens will be dusting in ps store after I buy Future Tone (it's 7800 yen in total, right? x))
    ● Do I need to think about buying the arcade controller (about which you write here so much), or I'll be happy with ps4 controller too?
    ● Since I skipped all new Diva games (:'c) can you tell me, do controls/notes changed much? Like for example in PSP games there is notes where you need to press arrows and notes simultaneously, are they still in games or nah?
    ● And maybe some more tricks/new things that you think I should know?
    I'll be glad to receve any help, thanks in advance! (o u o)/

16. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    - I recommened you to order PSN cards somewhere on the internet. Play-Asia is a good example. Sure, you can combine 2 cards like 3000 + 5000 to get 8000 yen but I got just a 10000 yen to make sure I still have a few yen in reserve for DLC.
    - Almost all songs are playable on the PS4 controller. Some songs may require some unique controller settings / control customizations and a few songs are pretty hard to play with the PS4 controller, so the arcade controller is just optional.
    - The game mechanics are pretty similar to the old games yet still different. Future Tone has some unique mechanics which aren't available in other PJD games. While the Double W-Notes you might know from Project DIVA 2nd and extend are gone in Future Tone, you'll have to deal with mutliple-press-notes. (=Press 2-4 different notes at the same time.) Also the long hold notes are replaced with a different kind of Hold-Notes. The holds in Future Tone are kinda optional and work different but are required to push your percentage rating to get higher scores.
    These mechanics are unique to Arcade & Future Tone and aren't even available in the F / F2nd / X games.

17. Nastix24

Digital artist
    "but I got just a 10000 yen to make sure I still have a few yen in reserve for DLC" <- That's a good point, I'll think about it.

Well, arcade controller looks really fun.)) How do you think some songs are easier to play on ps4 controller on the contrary?

18. tsumiki01124

Gameplay mechanic is originally designed for arcade version so of course an arcade controller is the best choice. Using ps4 controller is much harder since you need to use 12 buttons plus analog sticks if you want to reach the highest score possible. So buy the arcade controller if you can afford it.

19. Nastix24

Digital artist
    Hmm I guess I'll try out game itself and if I'll feel like controls are lacking, I'll definitely buy arcade controller, thanks mate~

20. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Will 3000 + 5000 yen be enough? Because the game is 8,424 yen I thought to have enough you would also need to buy a 1,000 yen card.