1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

General tip and Q/A thread?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by OkizakiTheOtaku, Mar 29, 2016.

1. OkizakiTheOtaku

OkizakiTheOtaku Double Platinum Diva

I feel like an idiot playing this game, so to fix that, let's have a discussion area with general tips and Q/A.

My first tip is that you can use the screen-swipe and sticks interchangeably by default, whereas in F you couldn't use the sticks at all, and in F2 it was an option. Pretty neat.

Also, I'd just kinda like a general rundown on how acquiring modules work. I always seem to get the same ones every time I play. How does it work and how does it judge which ones you get? Thanks!

2. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    I'll separate the modules into categories( Rares from new songs, Medley rares, Rares from old songs, Regular Modules) Each Module has an attribute some module Attributes help you get modules.

Rare Modules from new songs- Drop from the song if you use a module that gets you rares. For example Shiny Miku gets you Rare Miku outfits level two while Green Ponpoko(Female Ninaja Module) gets you Rare Miku Modules level 3 the higher the level the higher chance you have of getting of rares.

Medley Rares-Getting these are a little different. For one you must beat the whole live quest, after beating the whole live quest you will have to fill up the point requisition of each element gem (i.e. Neutral, cool, cute) that you want the medley modules for every time you do a new quest unlocks (in the same area as special live) to get a certain character's medley module. For the neutral zone however since there are no medley modules you unlock Rin, Len, and Miku Append, Luka V4X, and Kaito and Meiko V3. (I have no idea if this counts for the ultimate medley modules.)

Rares from old songs-Can be unlocked from quests, Medleys and randomly. Wearing a Module that gets you Rares gives you a better chance of getting these Rares.

Regular Modules- Are unlocked randomly but wearing a module with the attribute that gets you new modules gives you a higher chance of getting new modules. Yellow the module from Yellow gets you level 4 new modules so you have a high chance of getting a new module.

3. OkizakiTheOtaku

Awesome, thanks! So it tops out at level 4? There aren't any with a higher attribute?

As for accessories, how does that work? Do you just equip a module with a high level for accessories and hope for the best, or are there "categories" like modules?

4. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    Modules that have the skills to drop accessions and certain types of Modules go up to yes level 4. For accessions equipping a module that drops accessories is the best way to get them but they also drop randomly and from quests. One more thing on that when playing the song if you keep filling the bar at the bottom you may notice a number goes up each time (it'll say one than you fill you again it says 2 etc. it goes up to 5 on extreme) that determines how many items you'll get once you clear the song which can be a mix of accessories and diva items so try to fully fill the bar at the bottom until it makes a rainbow color to get the max amount of items for that difficulty getting perfects but more so cools help fill that bar.

5. OkizakiTheOtaku

Yup, I've also noticed that the amount rises per difficulty. Normal has 3, Hard has 4, etc.

Right now I've completed the first part of the live quest mode and have filled all the gems, right now I'm working on filling the voltage meter on all of the areas. Is there a technique to make the quests appear? I've only had one song offer a quest other than the default difficulties, Hajimete no Oto.

6. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    What do you mean by quests? You mean like the module quests or the extra normal, hard, extreme etc.? If you're talking about the extra normal, hard, etc. You get those from getting orbs in a certain element, and you get orbs from filling the point requisition of each element.

7. OkizakiTheOtaku

I guess I'm not really sure to be honest, sorry. I would take a screenshot but I don't have my Vita on me.
    Before I completed all the areas, in the Neutral one Hajimete no Oto suddenly had another "!" mark on it, and there were new quests for Easy and Normal difficulties. That's what I mean.

I'm sorry I'm not clearer, I'll post a screenshot when I can.

8. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    It's okay when you send the screen it will probably be clearer!

9. OkizakiTheOtaku

Alrighty, here it is.
    [​IMG]
    It actually wasn't Hajimete no Oto, sorry about that.

So, this is the only song I have that has multiple "Normal" and "Easy"
    The one I have cleared in the image, to my knowledge, says, "Let's use the module!"
    The others are just the default "start here."

How did I unlock the module ones?

10. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    Wow that is very strange I'm never seen that before hopefully someone else will know because I have really know idea sorry ^^" you should post this in the main topic to so it get more attention!

11. OkizakiTheOtaku

Hah. I'll try to figure it out and if I can't I will. Thank you for all your help!

12. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    No prob and please do let me know your results! ^^

13. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

Wait, you actually get rewards for clearing those?? I thought it was just a sort of completionist option!

By the way, does anybody know how to get the Ultimate outfits (other than Miku's)? I was just assuming that you would get them from an event quest that opens after every area reaches level 7, but that wasnt it. Please dont tell me I have to clear every single one of those song challenges...

Edit* You do not earn Ultimate Modules for collecting every other Module for a character. After collecting the 40th Rin Module, which is all of them except the Ultimate, nothing special happened. So if thats a rumor that starts getting spread, I can confirm that its not true.

14. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

You get them in 8th live quest, the one that writes "has high chance getting Ultimate modules".

Btw, you said 40 rin modules, so is there list of module somewhere?

15. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

I believe these 2 module challenges are only part of the "tutorial" where they teach you how the module affects Voltage. The other songs probably don't have a "use X module!" quest.

16. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Those extra modes were just for the tutorial, like you had to start with playing Hajimete no Oto. After that you had to play Ai no Uta with the Natural module. That's why that song has extra ones :)

EDIT: Like GenKaidou said lol

Oh, I have a tip! Your affection level with the Vocaloids affects gameplay! The higher level of affection you have, the more extra voltage you gain when playing with them (the glow around notes gets bigger and gives higher voltage bonuses). Reading tutorials was actually a little useful ^^

17. chibakuroki

chibakuroki Intermediate Player

A SECOND YEAR HIGHSCHOOLER - UGH
    Anyone know how much orbs an Area can hold? Also, long time no see Almeria! :>

18. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    Can you show a screenshot of that quest?

19. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

I just counted all of them on the wikispace, a couple are out of order.

Is this the quest you're talking about? I've cleared it 3 different times, twice with Rin and once with Len, so maybe Im just unlucky? http://imgur.com/CCfi0ww

Edit* ah nvm, it took like 6 attempts with New Module up Lv. 4, but I got it.

20. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

Yeah it just gives us "high chance" so new rare / new module spam here for the best.

Since you got all rin's modules, could you share how you farm normal module? Like, you repeat one song or multiple songs in area quests, or in live quests?