1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Edit Mode

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by SodaDog, Jan 21, 2016.

1. SodaDog

SodaDog Intermediate Player

Project Diva X's target is to "go back to the roots" of Project Diva.
    And by that, they made the Edit Mode look super simple.
    But you CAN'T use custom MP3s!
    What a shame....

2. CrystaltheCool

CrystaltheCool That Half-Decent Player

You can't even make custom note charts!

3. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

The thing is...
    Did they really confirmed it's impossible to use other mp3?

Because right now saying without the exact quote that proves it won't be able to use other mp3 is hard to believe for now. Thus said, they haven't showed more of the edit section yet.

Also, Edit mode will be seperate from game like F2nd does: through PSN Store.

4. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    For now I'll go with Live Edit Mode isn't Edit Mode. Although, seeing as other games that used MP3s for in-game customization on PS3 (like the WWE games) do NOT have it in any of their PS4 releases so far. So, I do worry that we might not see an actual Edit Mode, the way F and F 2nd had. Then again, F 2nd on Vita had to download some separate DLC to be able to edit stuff, so that might be a thing for X, unless they leave it out to have a selling point for the PS4 version, or something. Again, that is if they let us use MP3s on PS4. As long as we don't have a full feature list. that is all speculation.

5. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Also keep in mind, the game has piapro, so it can't even be true that they won't allow us to use non ingame mp3.

Most likely it will be only official in piapro released songs but that's still a lot tbf.

6. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Intermediate Player

Am I the only thinking that's really strange to have to download this mode if we finally have no modification on other things than Camera, scenery event, module change, lights ?
    I mean... we download what exactly ? O_0
    More scenary from previous game ? Why ?
    it sounds so.... not natural... not in the idea of Live Edit Mode...

For Edit Mode, it was normal : we download LOT of contents to use : moves, scenerys
    But at this moment.... if Edit Mode is here, what the purpose of Live Edit ?
    Why not letting us use MP3 files ?

Still waiting to know what is this last thing between : AR Live Mode, DLC, or Edit Mode. (I think it's AR Mode)
    [​IMG]

But... I think it's not going to happen, because LiveEdit section already have the name of "EDIT" in the source code...
    If I had to do one other section for Edit Mode... I'll name the otherone LEdit or LiveEdit... :/

[​IMG]

EDIT : Oh there's one more thing really strange ! They LOOOOOOVE to Use Edit content for Arcade... so what if nobody create content with X ? :/
    DLC ? X PS4 ? That's so strange... :/

7. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    I'm still betting on the PS4 version getting the edit mode as we know it. They'd be immensely stupid to not make edit mode the same, or even bigger and better in X than in the F games. Edits are pretty much what kept people playing F 2nd. X would not have nearly the life span of F 2nd if it didn't support edits in the same way F 2nd did. In fact, everybody will most likely go back to F 2nd after getting sick of the official songs in X, if edits won't be possible the same way. I somehow can't see them making such a crucial mistake.

8. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

i don't think it lets you share the edit as well cause i don't see the option for it
    seems like X is a downgrade from F2nd

9. CrystaltheCool

CrystaltheCool That Half-Decent Player

Actually, the PS4 version is unable to use MP3s, so no edit mode. I guess they thought it'd be unfair for PS4 users to not have Edit Mode and have to buy the Vita to use Edit Mode, so they killed Edit Mode for the Vita version, which is unfair to Vita users. 0u0

10. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

So after guessing why the file size of the live edit is very big, I realized: each song (Yes, every song, which even is not officially released) comes in the full version.

The Live Edit consist of a full dance choreo (spelling?) which can't be modified. Only camera and effects are allowed. Lyrics as well complete.

11. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Wait even full versions of medley songs?

12. n1tr0t0m

n1tr0t0m Newbie Player

So F2nd is going to be the alltime Main Diva game for us people who cant stay just with the officials huh? thats a dark.....very dark future :/