1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

japanese psn payment

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Giannaras, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Giannaras

Giannaras Welcome to DIVA!

Hey,
    I just imported the japanese version of F 2nd, mainly for the edits, and it's actually the first time I'm doing this. I'm wondering if I can use a european prepaid card to buy the dlcs from the japanese psn.

Edit: Err, it just hit me that this might be the wrong board to post this sort of thing so sorry if that's the case.

2. sp193

sp193 Intermediate Player

No, it's not possible. You must use a Japanese PSN card to purchase DLCs from the Japanese PSN store.

3. Giannaras

Hmm, but I'm not talking about psn cards. I meant a bank issued card, like a debit or a credit card.

4. sp193

No. If it's a credit/debit card, then it needs to be a card with a Japanese address.

I could enter my Mastercard number there, but billing will fail because the card's address doesn't match the one used in my PSN account (which is actually a shopping centre's address).

5. Giannaras

I see, thanks for the info. So how does one buy the dlc from the japanese ps store? If paypal also doesn't work, then with the prices I've seen for imported ps store cards it's probably cheaper to also buy the pal version of the game and get the dlc on that one :P

6. sp193

To buy content from the Japanese store, we import Japanese PSN yen cards. The actual card doesn't have to be imported, but just the code. It can be just received via e-mail, through procurement via a middleman.

Paypal is not supported.

Of course, it would likely be cheaper to get the local copy and its DLCs. Given that no middleman would be involved in the payment.

BTW, PAL is a video signal standard. It was also used back in the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 era as a region code, but PSN store content seem to be region-locked according to the CSS territory codes (Hence Japan = R2, Asia = R3, US = R1 etc).