1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop in Alternate Ending Quality?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Dyspnia, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new F games and I love the concept of having alternate PV endings but they seem to have lost their touch in the recent storm of F2 DLC. F2 had a bunch of great altends and the beginning batch of DLC, like Kocchi Muite Baby and Sekiranun Graffiti, also had some pretty decent ends. However, I just watched the altend to Promise, Magnet, and When the First Love Ends and I have to say, I'm not getting too big of a fan of slight camera changes and small effects. Magnet is the best example, I mean c'mon, EXTREMELY slight camera changes and an added butterfly effect? SEGA, you're better than that. Rosary Pale, while in the Arcade version, is a new song to the portable series, is also kind of mediocre as well when it comes to endings.

Am I just going crazy or does anyone else agree? Disagree?

2. ElxYoPo

ElxYoPo Big Debut

You're right, they're mediocre, i use to say that, as customers, we have nothing to complain about as long as the content is just an extension and not a necessary add-on, but yeah, they could've done it better, and even on Kocci Muite Baby and Sekiranun Graffiti, because in the main songs, the "alternative ending" is an alternative ending, but in those songs it doesn't change the ending as it should, it just remove things from the "Chance time success" ending.

3. NekoPocky

NekoPocky Advanced Player

Home Page:
    http://www.Otakupocky.tumblr.com
    Oh yeah. Some of the songs have an AE thats just forgettable or barely even noticeable. I mean in When the first love ends I was trying to find out what was the different ending and it was just that tiny little effect! Change Me also suffered from the "one effect" train and some songs just mimic AE's from other songs (Seki and Yellow, JBF and Change Me).

4. chibakuroki

chibakuroki Intermediate Player

A SECOND YEAR HIGHSCHOOLER - UGH
    I KNEW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. Seriously tho, like you said, the drop is very much obvious. When the first batch came i was like "well this is not bad", but when it went to the next batches it got pretty... lame.

You're so right. What's the difference between NE and AE if the only additions in AE are just some sparkles and tiny whatchacallits or decorations.

When it comes to AE i think most of us wants a fresh new scene regarding the song...

5. NekoPocky

Home Page:
    Even Yellow has the sparkles thing going on. Sega adding sparkles to an AE is just lazy! I mean for songs that have a PV that are just pure dance routine, it's fine but I so wanted something neat for change me maybe have Meiko turn into her V3 module if we had it in the game, so the AE would play off the title of the song. For When The First Love Ends, I kinda thught the AE would be something along the lines of Stay With Me. I'm wondering what Aprils DLC will have in store for AE's.

6. chibakuroki

That's cool, like the unexpected change of module in Sekiranun Grafitti :D
    Yeah, they've already made it on Arcade and why not put it in F2nd considering the other V3s are also in F2nd.

I hope the end is only the beginning of a greater future :DDDD

7. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    You know what I just found ironic? There's one recent DLC PV that has a new ending with something really different. It happens to be Though My Song Has No Form (one of my favorite songs in the franchise) but it's the normal ending that's really changed and it's beautiful. This is the first time this has happened and I thought it was fascinating (and kind of hilarious considering this topic).

8. NekoPocky

Home Page:
    When I saw that AE it felt really similar so I looked at the original PV and realized they just used the normal ending as the AE and don't know if it's just me but that felt like it was a little lazy of SEGA but at least its not the go to "sparkle" effect. I hope if PDF Extend does happen, the AE's dont go downhill even more.

9. chibakuroki

Lol we should troll SEGA by making a meme regarding their tendency to use a theme of sparkles in most AEs.
    Also, long time no see, Dyspnia! Love your work on ripping dem acapellas :D

10. NekoPocky

Home Page:
    We shouldn't tease them so much lol they should so rename the games Hatsune Miku: Project Sparkles though

We might be exaggerating though...I haven't taken the liberty to count how many AEs have sparkles in em (i'll probably gett counting once i get to watchin the pvs) . I just noticed it recently through the DLCs.

edit: Not sure if I miscounted but with the DLCs there were 20 AEs that had glitter or added more glitter/sparkle to the PV.

11. SodaDog

SodaDog Intermediate Player

12. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player