1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How good are the arcade-style controllers?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGreatDIO, Apr 18, 2015.

1. TheGreatDIO

TheGreatDIO Welcome to DIVA!

I've been playing F2nd with my ps4 controller, it's alright and i can can complete most songs on hard and a few on extreme. But i have been thinking of buying one of those hori arcade controllers and want to know if you reccomend it or not to a semi-new player?

2. Loserbait

Loserbait Intermediate Player

There are two HORI controllers.

The HORI Arcade Style Controller.
    Pro: Arcade dimensions. Good for practicing for Arcade. Buttons light up, just like Arcade, giving a fantastic gameplay session into the night.
    Con: The touch pad is OVER sensitive and you can't adjust it without getting into the hardware. A lot of players tend to put a tissue or saran wrap over it to reduce sensitivity.

The HORI Mini Controller
    Pro: Analog sticks instead of touch pad means better sensitivity.
    Con: It's small so if you have big hands/fingers, you need to spider them which could strain your hands.

In general, I favor the Mini Controller due to ASC's touch pad sensitivity. And definitely worth the < $100 price tag.

As for previous poster's "less accurate" statement, I find this to be untrue for both controllers. You just need to adjust your timing window in-game and your timing in general.

3. Yogurtstorm

Yogurtstorm Welcome to DIVA!

I just ordered an Arcade Style controller myself, it should arrive early next week. It was extremely expensive (con right off the bat), I'll let you know my thoughts on it once I get some time in with mine.

4. n1tr0t0m

n1tr0t0m Newbie Player

I hope you know that the big arcade controller dont works for Diva F2nd (touchpad, you cant do doublestars with that)

5. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

I thought that f2nd made up for that by recognizing it as the controller that can't do double stars and allowing you to hit them with the touchpad and it would still count?

6. n1tr0t0m

n1tr0t0m Newbie Player

I dont know if the patch fixed it but as far i know the touchpad counts as 1 stick so its impossible to do doublestars, of course i never tested that, just saw some comments on a youtubevideo of that controller which said that it dont works with F2nd doublestars

7. hectorjp87

hectorjp87 Intermediate Player

It DOES work with F2. You flick with just one finger, it doesnt matter if it s a small star or a big one. They did protect people who already own the big arcade controller. Was really nice of them. So do not worry. I have a big arcade controller, the official one and it works with f and f2

8. Yogurtstorm

Yogurtstorm Welcome to DIVA!

Yeah I confirm it works with F 2nd, the double stars are registered as regular stars.

This thing is awesome, I need to put more time in with it before making an opinion of it though

9. n1tr0t0m

n1tr0t0m Newbie Player

Good to know that the patch fixed it( or the youtube comments lied)

10. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

i pre-ordered the X controller off of jp amazon like 2months ago
    i'll tell you how it is when it comes (i think around august 28th cause of international shipping)

i also made my own arcade controller for PS4 and imo it's easier to play with that than using DS4